Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Recovering well. Strong runs continue.

*Um yeah. This post is from last week and I am just now getting around to posting it. You are welcome ;)

RUNS: I took the day off after the half marathon but then ran the following two days. Surprisingly I continue to feel good and run strong. Of course I continue to slack in the hill department. I have been doing some but I really need to add more back in. Another thing I need to start adding back is the long run. I havent had a run longer then 16 miles in almost 7 weeks! It scares me more then anything. Not the long run itself but the recovery. My body just likes to take its time to recover after the long ones.
The water was higher then normal here on a VERY cold day. No choice but to get the feet wet!

Not my fastest time on this loop but felt great for the first run after the half marathon.


Didnt even know I did this until after the run when I was stretching.
EATS: Aka dinners. Because my breakfasts are nothing special I havent even taken a picture of them in quite some time. I mean, really....pancakes, mini oatmeal cakes, and whatever else I can scrounge up.

Actually, now that I think of it, my lunches really havent been photo worthy either! Pretty much the veggies, dip, fruit and snack as usual. Im not sure if it because I have been doing the Dietbet again and I pretty much know now what the general calories are of these meals or what. But they have been boring but delicious!
Mmm. Peanut Butter Tastykakes!
Dinners are another matter. They continue to vary everyday!
How about some Crispy Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts and Mushrooms made very similar to that recipe.
Or how about the Zucchini Baked Ziti that we made on a Friday evening after coming home from a extremely cold run! It was the first time that we made this and I will say that it was so good that it will become a regular on our menu. We got home from the run and prepped it while still wearing our warm jackets because we were so cold. But then thru it in the oven to bake while we got our hot showers and came out to the amazing meal. It is even good as leftovers. None was wasted.
Another dinner fav seems to be this Apple and Tempeh Sandwich. Probably because it is another one that we can pop in the oven to bake while we shower after our runs. And then bam...ready to eat when we are done! I ate it with potato chips and grapes on the side.
I think I am about ready for some warm runs and cold food! I take that back. I love the cold runs but maybe just a bit warmer so that I can still feel all of my appendages when we are done!

Are you a cold or warm weather runner?

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, the gnocchi with brussels sprouts looks wonderful! I'm definitely a warm weather runner. I have a terrible time motivating myself in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I run better in the cold, but prefer it a bit warmer. By warmer, I'm talking 50s and sunshine. For me, that is primo running conditions!

    ReplyDelete