Friday, September 14, 2012

Bear Attacks, Burritos & Sesame Noodle Recipe!

RUNS: Rik & I decided we were going to run 10 miles today and then follow it up with burritos! We headed to Codorus and started our run as per usual. Only a couple miles into it I was not feeling so good so I looked at my Garmin to see what an awful pace I was running only to be surprised to see that it was a great pace and figured I must be pushing it to hard so I backed off. My running slowed and I began to feel worse. Here is a picture of the lake that the trails go around...
Lake Marburg
Usually we run a loop clockwise that ends up about 1/4mile from the car. Turn around and run it counter clockwise. Since I was feeling so bad I decided to cross the road at the end of the loop and head back to the car. As I was walking/running I continued to feel worse. A bear attack was imminent. (If you dont know what a "bear attack" is...it is that rumbling you get in your stomach when it isnt feeling to good and you need to find a bathroom or comfy spot off trail asap.) I was searching for nice area off trail and all of a sudden I see a port o' potty. I was never so glad to see one of those nasty things!

Inside on the door was a sign that said something about donating money to sponsor the port o' potty. If you donate $80 that covers one month and they will advertise you or your business for the whole year. I told Rik that I seriously need to donate to cover that port o' potty. It saved the day!! Afterward I continued back to the car and ended up with 6.5 miles instead of 10. I still wasnt feeling to good but I was just glad to be done!
Codorus trails

Lake to the Right
Of course the boys still wanted burritos so we decided to go home and shower first and then head out for dinner. Roburritos is the best local place to eat after a good workout. I get the mini Bean Burrito. Awesome. Even with an upset stomach...
Mini Bean Burrito. Chips. Salsa.
EATS: Other dinners of the week include...
PIZZA!!
Mexican Pizza


SESAME NOODLES AND VEGGIES (adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod, Last Minute Sesame Noodles)
6 servings

8oz Soba Noodles
1/4cup Soy Sauce
1Tbs Sesame Oil
1Tbs Canola Oil
1Tbs Rice Vinegar
1/2tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 bunch Green Onions, sliced
1/4cup Cilantro, chopped
1 Red Pepper, chopped
1/4 head Red Cabbage, sliced thin
2 whole Carrots, shredded
1 1/2cups Shelled Edamame, cooked
1/4cup Toasted Sesame Seeds

Cook pasta according to directions. Drain. Rinse under cold water.

To make dressing, whisk soy sauce, sesame oil, canola oil, vinegar, crushed red pepper in a bowl.

Combine noodles, veggies, green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds. Add dressing and toss to coat.

Enjoy!



Leftovers make good lunches...eaten cold or warmed in the microwave...
Lunch
Peace.

2 comments: