Friday, September 7, 2012

Vegan Hawaiian Banana Muffins

RUN: 3.3 miles on trail 3 at Lake Redman.

Where was everyone at today?? Trails were closed to bikes and everyone must be tapering or recovering because they sure werent running! I ran around 7pm and I was eating webs! I usually only need to worry about that at 7AM!

Run was okay. Felt a little bit of soreness at my right ITB or quad...not sure which. I could tell a HUGE difference between the trail shoes I wore tonight and the Hokas I wore the other night. I dont care what anyone says...those Hokas are an awesome shoe for recovery.

Rest day on Friday and not sure about the weekend yet...

EATS: Every day this week for breakfast has been the same. These Vegan Hawaiian Banana Muffins!
Breakfast
They are delicious with the coconut and macadamia nuts! I adapted this recipe for a bread.

VEGAN HAWAIIAN BANANA MUFFINS
12 muffins

2 mashed bananas
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
5 TBS vanilla soy yogurt
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin pan.

Mix together-sugar, applesauce, vanilla and yogurt.

Add mashed bananas.

Then add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix.

Finally, fold in the nuts and coconut.

Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with batter and bake for 15-20 minutes.

Let cool and enjoy!
Hawaiian Banana Muffin

Lunches have been pretty much the same all week as well. Detox Salad. Fruit and yogurt. PB Nutty Spread on graham crackers or apple.
LUNCH!
Im going camping this weekend which should be a blast! See ya on the flip side!
Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment