Friday, September 28, 2012

Shoes shmoose.

RUNS: Had a truly fantabulous run with my hubby for over 6 miles on Wednesday. It is such a beautiful time of the year. The temps are reasonable and the humidity is down. Today it was overcast with a couple sprinkles of rain.

Thursday-rest day.

Im really struggling with shoes right now. I have several pairs that are great for shorter runs but I just cant seem to find a shoe that will work for 30+miles. My toes just get so beat up but if I go with the next 1/2 size up then I have issues with sliding around in the shoe. I have even tried different lacing technique and that helped some but I still dont think it is the solution. I did confirm that Stone Mills' trails are fairly non technical and that many just wear road shoes. That would be great except that I dont run roads enough to even have a road shoe! Sigh. I do think I have them narrowed down to two atleast. We will see with the upcoming 50k at Blues Cruise.

EATS: For breakfast I decided to switch it up and make some Oatmeal Pancakes! I forgot the vanilla and cinnamon that I usually add but they tasted great anyhow.
Oatmeal Pancakes
Lunches were the usual Veggies and Dip. PB graham crackers. Fruits. And Fig Newtons.

Another night instead of using the Kale Butter as a dip I put it on some Sweet Potatoes again. The combo is so awesome. Love it. Added a salad for a little more volume and an Orange for dessert.
Lunch
Rik made yet another dinner this week. Roasted Strawberry, Chickpea & Asparagus Couscous. Okay, he doesnt want to take all the credit for it, so he did  the prep work then I made the couscous and put it all together. Team work! We made it as per the recipe and it tasted great but we werent wild about the texture of the roasted strawberries and will keep them raw the next time. We just didnt like the mush factor.
Roasted Strawberry, Chickpea & Asparagus Couscous
Another dinner that I actually made entirely myself was a Spaghetti Squash topped with sauted Zucchini and Marinara Sauce. Easy peasy!
Spaghetti Squash w/ Zucchini & Marinara sauce
I think what made it taste so good was the fact that we got several spaghetti squashes from a friends garden!

I hope everyone is having a good week!
Are you ready for fall?!
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment