Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I ran!

RUNS 1: I have not run for a whole week. Until today!

I dont know that I have ever gone that long without a run unless I was injured. But I tell you what...I think I really needed it. I think I was doing some type of nesting...or something. Maybe because of the change of seasons or because I was burned out briefly. All I know is that I really just wanted to be at home last week. I spent alot of time cleaning, laundry and just basically rearranging things. Over the past couple of months I have been clearing out things that we dont use anymore...or never have. I am trying to live as minimal as possible. Get rid of the clutter! I read alot (books, blogs, magazines, etc.). Then my kid came home from college for the weekend and it was more family time.

I have been in some kind of zen state this past week and just loving life.

RUNS 2:
I couldnt wait to get my run on today! I couldnt wait to get back out on the trails and just run. I did a short 3.5M trail at Lake Redman. My calves were not happy with the time off. They cramped so bad I had to stop and stretch mid run. The rest of me was just so glad to be out in the fresh air and moving!

The time off probably wasnt the best thing for my 50 mile training plan but I also dont think it threw me off to bad. We will see...

EATS: Breakfast before my run was the typical Rolled oats with dried fruit and Almond Coconut Milk.
Breakfast
Then Rik made us dinner which was Trader Joes Vegetable Masala Burger in a wrap with hummus and shredded broccoli and carrots. Let us not forget the sweet potato fries on the side! This has probably been my favorite dinner lately. It taste wonderful and probably even more so because Rik makes it :-)
Dinner
For lunches I packed us a Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad made with shredded brussels sprouts, shredded carrots, raisins, peanuts and a spicy peanut salad dressing. I dont think I put enough dressing on because the top sprouts were kind of dry but once I got about half way through, all of the goodness was on the bottom.
I also had Fig Newtons, Honey Crisp Apple, piece of chocolate and a Clif bar (White Choc Macadamia Nut).
Lunch
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment