Monday, November 12, 2012

5 Milers Success

RUNS: Oh yeah! Thats right. The week of 5's were a success! I think I finally have this recovery thing down. I REALLY wanted to do a long run this weekend but refrained and tried to be smart. Instead of upping it to the week of 6's this coming week...I am going to keep the 5 milers and then add a long run next weekend.

My runs have been completely pain free of any knee or ITB pain and the final run of the week on Saturday did not even include any tightness. I'm wondering if that had anything to do with the fact that I did Bodypump first before the run...or not.

GYM: Speaking of Bodypump. I had my first two classes of that this week. I really didnt like the first class but after a bunch of people told me to go back and try it for several classes before I write it off, I am.

Really, can all these people be right and I am wrong?! They are having fun...right?!
Not my picture. Not my gym.
One of the people who told me not to write it off so fast is a super fit ultra running chick who I have looked up to, I think, since I ran my first ultra. She said she likes it so much that she just got certified to teach it in September.

Another person who I am starting to admire is my yoga teacher. She told me that she is certified to teach Bodypump too and that I should not give up on it yet either.

I'll give it another week. I think my problem is that I want to work out certain muscles at certain times and not necessarily what they want me to do! I think it will give me a good base at least.

STILL loving yoga this week though! Cant say a bad thing about it. Love it!

EATS: I took a picture of exactly one breakfast this week. Here you go...
Exciting Breakfast!
Oh! Oh! Oh! But check out this new snack that I am just in love with from Trader Joes. Instead of the normal rice cakes they are Rice Rolls and for some reason they are freaking awesome. 45cals per roll and vegan. They come 8 in a box and of course I only bought one box and will have to ration them for the next several weeks until I get there again to get more.

Lunches include this salad called Cabbage Salad with Dijon-lime Dressing. The only difference was that I used the bagged/pre shredded cole slaw mix that has the cabbage and carrots. I just added additional carrots to the mix.
Cabbage Salad with Dijon-lime Dressing

Cabbage Salad. Asian Pear. Fig Newtons. Granola Bar.

Cabbage Salad. Pretzels. Pear. Newtons. Cashews.
More shredded veggies. This time in a summer roll! Add hummus and pita chips for a complete meal.

So tell me...what kind of cross training do you do?!

Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment