Friday, November 30, 2012

First day tracking food. I got this.

RUNS: Wednesday...
Dang. My slowest time on this "course" by more then a minute per mile. Rather then be down about it I decided that since I am starting a new training plan that I will put away all of my old times and start new. Luckily, this one should be pretty easy to improve upon. And then the next time I run this course I will be stoked by my time!

Zero knee pain or tightness was a win though.

No running Thursday because I DESPERATELY needed to go to the grocery store and then I had yoga so I will run Friday morning instead.

YOGA: Thursday. Awesome as usual. But I found out a difference between the studio and gym yoga sessions. We are not allowed to do inversions at the gym. To big of a liability if someone falls and cracks their head open I guess. Inversions would be things like headstands, crow pose, etc. Actually, even something as simple as downward dog can be considered an inversion. But they are reasonable people :-)

And the word is out about how awesome the class is because we had double the number of people tonight then we usually do.

GYM: I got nothing. I am already pushing that by the wayside in my first week of training. I plan to do better next week. I NEED TOO.

EATS: I have pretty much given up the dried fruit but was out of fresh fruit this morning so it worked for today.
Oats. Dried Fruit. Coconut Almond Milk.
Packed lunch was this Three-Bean Salad. Carrots and Dip. Asian Pear. Black and White Rice Rolls.
Lunch
Rice Rolls. Three-Bean Salad.
 Dinner was Veggie Sandwiches and Sweet Potato Fries. I really didnt care what we had just so long as I could have the fries. The sandwiches were simple and tasty. Win! They included...whole grain bread, red pepper hummus, roasted red and yellow peppers, red onions, tomatoes, and spinach.
Winner. Winner. Veggie Dinner.
The only other thing I had was a bag of pretzel M&Ms. Ironically I did not take a picture of that! And of course, this was a lower food day since I didnt run.
First day tracking my food on My Fitness Pal was pretty easy and showed me exactly what I already know...
TOO MUCH SUGAR and NOT ENOUGH PROTEIN
I am one sweet chick indeed!! I really do hope to learn from this and to make small changes to become more balanced with my food.
I have decided to track daily until the end of the year and then re-evaluate after that. Thats the plan anyhow!


1 comment:

  1. I just downloaded myfitnesspal after reading this. I'm soooo over counting calories (or points) and tracking, but this at least let's me know where my deficiencies are- which I really need. Glad you mentioned it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete