Monday, August 13, 2012

Chocolate is Good

RUNS: Rest Day. The quads are pretty sore today. I actually think it is from the Rail Trail rather then the Conestoga Trail but who knows. Its more likely the combination of the two! I've been rolling and stretching and will do a short run tomorrow :-)

EATS: No running days leave me with time to bake cookies, muffins, granola, etc. Whatever kind of goodies for the week that sound good. Speaking of goodies...how about some chocolate?! I can get my family to eat anything if I add some chocolate or peanut butter. So over the weekend I made some Baked Chocolate Lentils to add to yogurt and oats in place of the traditional granolas and Muesli. I just soaked the dried lentils in chocolate soy milk for a couple of hours and then mixed them with some chocolate chips and baked until the dried out. Let them cool and stored in a jar. I finally had some today for breakfast over my vanilla amande yogurt  and it was good! A little more chewy then I expected but I will definitely be having it again.
Breakfast
Dinner was a quick whip up of a Green bean Skillet Casserole. Cooked up some green beans, mushrooms, chickpeas, onions, and garlic in some veggie broth. Then added almond milk, cornstarch, and spices for the sauce. Let that thicken and serve with bread crumbs sprinkled on top.
Green Bean Skillet Casserole

w/breadcrumbs
For dessert I had a couple of the Snickerdoodle Cookies that I made earlier today. For some reason I decided to smash them down with a fork which gave them a look of peanut butter cookies! Haha, maybe a subliminal message as to what to make next?! Trust me...they are all Snickerdoodle tasting. I made sure.
Snack
Actually, before I had my snack I packed up my lunch for work tonight. Hummus. Carrots. Pita chips. Orange. And a Chocolate Zucchini Walnut Muffin.
Lunch
Rather excited for tomorrow because I have an appointment to get my allergies retested! I haven't had that done for many years. If all goes well I will get a quick run in after that. If they knock me out with Benedryl...I will not!
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment