Wednesday, October 24, 2012

3 and Vegan Chili

RUNS: Tis' the week of 3 milers! 3.3 miles on a short trail at the lakes this afternoon. I cant believe it is still in the 70s with humidity in October in PA. Which means it was a difficult run as far as the breathing was concerned. But the ITB was fine.  Here I am at the Lake Redman sign high above the lake. The sign is huge and this was all I could fit in the picture!
Lake Redman sign
And here is a picture of the lake in October. The leaves have peaked.
Fall colors around the lake.
It really is runs like today that make me wonder how I will ever be able to run a 50 Miler. And better yet...how I have run 11 marathon or longer distance runs in the past 11 months. Wow.

EATS: Breakfast was waffles and syrup!
Breakfast
Lunch was PB Graham Crackers. Cucumbers and dip. Clementines. Fig Newtons. Clif bar-White Chocolate Macadamia Nut---my favorite!
***EDIT*** to say that I had a migraine and stopped at the store to get some soda before work. A bag of rice cakes jumped out and made me purchase them. I ended up eating almost the entire bag with only the PB graham crackers pictured below. Everything else will have to wait until tomorrow to be eaten. Good news is that the head ache is gone...for now.
Lunch
And dinner after our run was Vegan Chili that I threw together in the Crock Pot before we left. When we got home all we had to do was stick some cornbread muffins in the oven to bake for 15mins and we had a quick delicious meal. I would not have normally eaten chili on a 70 degree day after running but it isnt normally that warm at the end of October either. And was dang good anyhow!
Vegan Chili
VEGAN CHILI
Serves 6+

1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chick peas, drained
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Black Bean soup
1 cup diced onion
1 diced green pepper
2 diced celery stalks
3 tsp garlic
3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano

Throw everything into your crock pot. Set on high for 3 hours.
Pour over brown rice if desired.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment